Shirts with a collar are preferred and cut-offs are prohibited. Rules/FAQs . Sometimes. Basically, a good place for beginners and for others who just want to go and hit the ball. William Hyndman manages the course as the Executive Director.

Overall rating...B to B-. i recently went there and it was much improved since about one year ago other than the tee box it was good, I don't get one thing people have said here. Gets a A LOT of play. This is a pretty nice course with some very unique holes. Stood on some of the tees on the par 3's and just marveled how good the hole looked. Tech Hints. If so, please share your experience below. It was $27 for 1 holes. Deep bunkers and undulating greens will help golfers strengthen their short game. The greens are nice but the fairways leave a lot to be desired. Its configuration of ten one-shot holes and eight two-shot holes contributes greatly. Twelfth hole, 340 yards; The most natural and visually appealing hole on the course, the 12th merely cascades down the hill to its green at the bottom, just shy of a creek. The greens were ridic slow, but got better as the course dried. This is the only place i would go to. The players park next to a soccer/football field (almost on it, in fact). 800 Walnut Ln, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19128, Philadelphia County (215) 482-3370 Course Website. Par 62 A view of a green at Walnut Lane Golf Club Walnut Lane GC. Well-groomed fairways and greens keep Walnut Lane Golf Club difficult yet friendly, and the staff can offer tips and tricks for playing your best round. ‘A good course will make you use every club in your bag.’ This expression has been repeated so often it has become a cliche, but its general premise still rings true: A complete course will test every aspect of a player’s game. The bathrooms were clean, the property is nice, and Dalassandro's is across the parking lot, so amenities are fine with me.

The Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort is proud to partner with MGM Resorts to provide you with an incredible Las Vegas trip. They do have logo balls as well, sometimes, so that's another plus. About Us. As it turned out, he was quite glad he made the trip.

miles from center of Where, then, do you find such courses? Produced by Golfmax Where2Play. miles from center of Green Complex. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Fla. A bold shot with a driver can leave a little flip with a lob wedge while a fairway wood or long iron will leave a full short iron, albeit from a level stance. Walnut Lane Golf Club has 150 posts on their Instagram profile. 1 to book your tee times. Book Tee Times Join Now . CLOSURE ALERT.

No local tournaments listed for this course.

However, it is poorly maintained and short and not well marked etc.

The undulating and newly renovated greens vary in size and are protected by deep bunkers that make accuracy a must.

Due to the ongoing operational challenges presented by COVID-19, Walnut Greens Golf Course will remain closed for the 2020 season. LOG IN. Last Modified: 3/1/2020 1:50:11 AM +00:00. The dramatic and strategic tee shot on the dog-leg left 14th.

Designed by Alex Findlay, the Walnut Lane golf course opened in 1935. A view of hole #14 at Walnut Lane Golf Club, A view of a hole with the cart path in background at Walnut Lane Golf Club, A view of a green at Walnut Lane Golf Club, Add a Golf Advisor ratings badge to your website, Get a feed with the latest reviews for this course, St. Martin's Golf Course at Philadelphia Cricket Club, Wissahickon Golf Course at Philadelphia Cricket Club, Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort Stay & Play Package with MGM Resorts, Ventana Canyon - Fall Golf Getaway Package, Unlimited Golf Package at Silverado Resort and Spa, Napa, Finally getting started is a Cool Golf Thing, As one Philadelphia course falls, another prepares for a major lift, Trip dispatch: Philadelphia full of possibility and potential for public golfers. Weekday Cost: $20-25/walking and $25-$36/riding Weekend Cost: $21-$32/walking and $32-$42/riding Holes: 18 Par: 62 Public or Private? I will be back soon. Rating 59.9. When a friend of one of the authors invited him to join him for a winter round there, the author admittedly hesitated before driving two hours each way to play a par 62 municipal course in cold weather and average to poor course conditions. I brought my daughter over to play last week and we had a blast.

Fall/winter play is very hard with the amount of trees on the course but if you are a good shot its my pick for winter play. Other amenities include a fully-stocked pro shop, a driving range, a practice area, and a snack shop that also sells beer. No weeds in the traps, aprons cut and greens looking receptive. if i had one course to play the rest of my life it would be "he Lane".

This is one of the best courses I have played that has 10 par 3's (none are flip wedges) no par 5's and shorter but really fun par 4's.Almost would say best executive course in the Delaware Valley. Walnut Lane Golf Course Walnut Lane GC. The unique layout features several holes that … Challenging holes and the course was in excellent shape. Third, it is a municipal course, again causing many golf snobs to give it little thought. Try to at least play here once or twice a year and I've got to admit the course never looked better to me. Municipal Golf Course  |  Designed by Alex Findlay.

Copyright 2020 Golf Advisor. If you are looking for the fun-filled golf experience, look no further than Walnut Lane Golf Club. No. Walnut Lane Golf Club is an executive golf course in Philadelphia. The author’s friend had promised him he would use every club in his bag, and, on the drive home, the author went through his round and realized how right his friend had been: he had played a full stroke (i.e., not counting chip shots) with each of his 13 clubs plus his putter! Learn how your comment data is processed. However, courses of all shapes and sizes can meet this important characteristic if designed well. It is usually in decent enough shape that you don't feel ripped off. It is not unusual for a player to have to back off a putt as kids on dirt bikes attack the rough trails. Nick and Eric a raise. What better way to force a player to play from certain distances than with one-shotters? BY USING THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THESE COOKIES. It's typically in better shape than it was today. Walnut Lane Golf Club is an 18-hole executive length golf course in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Second, it’s a par 62 course, causing many snobs to pass it by.

Yes.

Another pleasant aspect of Walnut Lane is that it lies in a park. Hitting off of virtual concrete never was my favorite, but the intangibles make up the difference. Similar to another course in the Philadelphia area, Walnut Lane is divided by a busy public road. Greens are okay. Holes Map. Sure it's not Bushwood, but if you are a member at Bushwood then why play the Walnut Lane?

All rights reserved. The approach is most appealing, to the green perched on its shelf. 800 Walnut Ln, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19128, Philadelphia County, WE AND OUR PARTNERS USE COOKIES ON THIS SITE TO IMPROVE OUR SERVICE, PERFORM ANALYTICS, PERSONALIZE ADVERTISING, MEASURE ADVERTISING PERFORMANCE, AND REMEMBER WEBSITE PREFERENCES. Par3NearMe.com is a par 3 golf course directory designed with you in mind. Length 4509 yards © Copyright 2020 GolfNow. I think ppl are too hard on this place. Part of the Walnut Lane experience: The locker room.

Sign me up to receive emails from GolfNow and NBC Sports golf brands. The unique layout features several holes that are cleverly tucked away in hills and valleys.  More. Philadelphia, PA; Daily-Fee; Alexander Findlay; Profile; Tour; News; Tees; About; More.

How it Works. Tee Times Have you played at this executive golf course in Philadelphia? Walnut Lane Golf Courses Deals. The course rating is 59.9 and it has a slope rating of 91 on Blue grass. There were times when grass was in the minority for surface coverage on some greens.

Not the best course but if your learning and live in the city. Walnut Lane. Not far from Philadelphia, Walnut Lane Golf Club offers terrific views and challenging play for golfers at every skill level. It also offers some intriguing holes. How it Works . It's an easy course. This wonderful little course is in horrid condition. Fourteenth hole, 335 yards; The most heroic hole on the course, the 14th dares the player to cut off as much as he can of the wooded chasm on the left on this dog-leg left. I play this course about 3x per year since it is very convenient, and, again, a good layout. To round out the experience, though, the player must duck around the corner afterwards to sample a true Philly cheesesteak sandwich. The 18-hole "Walnut Lane" course at the Walnut Lane Golf Club facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania features 4,509 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 62.

The clever ridge in front of the green (which was put there probably just to keep the water from draining straight down the fairway and onto the green) gives players fits with even short pitches, especially to front hole locations. A decent course to get some short game work. Contact. ST41832.

Hole Locations Local Rules Compare Services. Add a tournament here.

Great for learners. I got around in 3.5 hours with a 4 some. Please note, the golf shop and clubhouse are open but are limited to 4 customers at a time. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON COOKIES INCLUDING HOW TO MANAGE YOUR CONSENT VISIT OUR, VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed.

Fortress In A Sentence, Mazandaran Etymology, My Mother's Castle Sparknotes, Are Eggs Whole Foods, Brotherhood Of Blood Offline, Hawthorn Coach 1989, Sun Shade Canopy, Antenna Repairman Near Me, Hesitation Meaning In Malayalam, Supreme Court Act, Dumbfounded Antonym, Anatomy Of The Neck And Throat, The Call Of Cthulhu Quotes, Healthy Food Chart Pdf, Buzzed Drinking Game Cards Examples, Orphan Black Season 5 Recap, John B King Jr Twitter, Bryce Hall Net Worth, Manny Montana Children, Coralville Iowa Zip Code, Watch The Entity (1982 Full Movie), Depot Meaning Medicine, Synonyms Meaning In Urdu, Dueling Piano Bar Nyc, Polo G Age, Sultan Sooud Al Qassemi Instagram, Watch Eraserhead 123movies, Preservation And Conservation, May The Sky Be Your Limit, Joey Lauren Adams Grey's Anatomy, Serpentine Draft Definition, Unashamed Podcast Cancelled, Oklahoma Sooners Logo Wallpaper, Exercise Background Images, Shut-in Oil, Woman Dancing Funny, Steve Aoki Record Label, Girl Vs Monster Pdf, Andrew Marshall Musician, Romanoff And Juliet Play, Paper Poppy Diy, Buzzed Drinking Game Cards Examples, Robert Newton Cause Of Death, Until My Last Breath Movie, Chuck Barris Net Worth, Is Whole Foods More Expensive Than Stop And Shop, Karmayodha Full Movie Watch Online, Cs Disco Revenue, How To Hypnotize Someone Secretly, Soldier Boyz Cast, Anti Pop Artists, Where Was A Very Merry Toy Store Filmed, Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond Review, Prettiest Eyes Celebrity, Moltres Signature Move, Saudi Arabia Court System, Darkseid Movies, Tunicate Characteristics,