Thus, the strain of the relationship becomes more important than the nature of the relationship. You, it’s you and me. "Spain, Italy, America, lots of them. For good measure, right after topping the Rock Airplay chart, Myers also spent two weeks at No.

Your email address will not be published. This scene signalled that the soap parts were over and this season was going to focus on the characters that had been so richly developed in the first season. It's been covered and interpreted by dozens of other artists, including Tori Amos (who pairs Bush's song with her own 1994 hit "God" during live performances), Placebo, Chromatics, First Aid Kit, and Jade Bird. Sonically, the two versions of the song are quite different. In an interview, she said, “I was trying to say that, really, a man and a woman can’t understand each other because we are a man and a woman. That’s essentially true with every song, but especially with songs that detail more in abstractions. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Annie Zaleski is a Cleveland-based journalist who writes regularly for The A.V. This track has no facts and stories yet. Otherwise, what’s the point of listening to an identical-sounding version that isn’t Bush’s? How we interpret the song’s meaning and the situation described is up to us, of course, and how we hear it can depend a lot on our own experiences. Or could it be that the song is what someone would like to say to a significant other — but they haven't yet found the right moment to share? LONG. The song hovers between the physical and spiritual worlds, suspended in gauzy, hazy consciousness that's akin to the dreams people have just before waking.

In 2011, former teen icon Tiffany released “Greatest Hits of the ’80s & Beyond,” a compilation that featured some of her hits and covers of other artists’ hits from the 1980s. Thanks for posting this. "Running Up that Hill" is mostly responsible for this digital release package. Fueled with emotion, you could feel every ounce of life within her as she so beautifully, and powerfully sang this iconic song.

Albert Daycare SocietyBailey and Hudson KingAnaiya BeauregardAnonymousDirector:Jo RoyProduction Company:ReprobatesExecutive Producer:Doug KlingerLine Producer:Paul MaertensPost Producer:Leah YounesiDirector of Photography:Joseph WesleyVFX Supervisor:Ben KadieAnimator:Eric BradfordColorist:Irving Harvey#MegMyers #RunningUpThatHill #OfficialVideo

Relish in all it’s pulsating goodness below. Running Up That Hill by Chromatics (2007) Other. written by Kate Bush A repackaged physical version of the album was re-released on 3 May 2010 through Placebo's former label, EMI, with a new cover based on the Sleeping with Ghosts theme. A new post about a different song will be posted each Monday throughout 2016. On the one hand, the song can be interpreted as a monologue, or one partner pleading with the other; on the other side, the song can be interpreted as a conversation between two people. Bush wrote the song using the cutting-edge Fairlight CMI, while Palmer contributed a Linn drum rhythm. They want to recognize the song to an extent, but not feel like they’re listening to the original. There's a reason why so many musicians cover Kate Bush's iconic song "Running Up That Hill" -- it's a powerful, emotional number that really hits the … It’s an interesting exercise to consider the covers with Bush’s words about her inspiration in mind. There’s a reason why so many musicians cover Kate Bush’s iconic song “Running Up That Hill” — it’s a powerful, emotional number that really hits the soul.

Placebo released a cover of “Running Up That Hill” on the bonus disc for its 2003 album “Sleeping With Ghosts.” The band also included the song on its “Covers” album in 2003 and the US version of its album “Meds” in 2007. The result is that den Adel’s version transforms “Do you want to know that it doesn’t hurt me?” into “Do you want to know that it doesn’t — HUUUUUUUURT! Ellevator - Running Up That Hill (Kate Bush Cover) - YouTube This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. instrumental. And normally I always regret any compromises that I make.". The sisters Klara and Johanna Söderberg bring that graceful First Aid Kit harmony into light with their gorgeous cover of Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill.” Quite possibly, the most tender version of the song, First Aid Kit give those feels justice through their enveloping harmony and range, and of course those soft strums of acoustic guitar. Managed by CarlDennis, Running up That Hill Her assessment points to one reason "Running Up That Hill" endures: The desire to be heard and understood by other people — especially someone for whom you care deeply — is timeless, and transcends generations. There's a reason why so many musicians cover Kate Bush's iconic song "Running Up That Hill" -- it's a powerful, emotional number that really hits the … But according to Bush, she not only wrote the song about a romantic couple, but about a relationship between a man and a woman. In changing the song, they added something. "Running Up That Hill" is about how connection can empower — and also transcend. Perfect for your Halloween playlist or as the soundtrack to a grueling climb in spin class. During these crazy times of the coronavirus pandemic, I think we all feel like we’re “running up that hill.” Press play on the five fabulous covers of “Running Up That Hill” by Kate Bush.

The lyrics assume that once the partners have knowledge of each other, the tide will turn. It’s sexy, for sure. Chromatics made it airier and dreamier.

Slow-burning and suspenseful, Placebo rocks the darkest version of Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill.” This version is slow-paced and full of those creepy goth vibes. No, and we wouldn’t expect anything different from Chromatics.

Molko sings with a restraint that would make lesser singers sound like they’re performing a spoken word piece. Fore more of our favorite playlists, including out Best New Songs of the month playlist, follow Grimy Goods on Spotify. Placebo’s “Running Up That Hill” has appeared in several TV shows, including “The Vampire Diaries,” “Bones,” “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “NCIS: Los Angeles,” and “The O.C.”.

And Placebo’s haunting take on a familiar classic indicated that this character study would not be pleasant, but agonizing and painful. written by Kate Bush Coming of age in a devoted Jehovah’s Witness household, Meg dealt with restrictions on what music she was allowed to listen to. see all. The most obvious example of this was in last week’s aforementioned look at Frente!’s cover of New Order’s “Bizarre Love Triangle.” Frente! Still, Bush was conscious of the lukewarm reception to her previous album, 1982's "The Dreaming," and didn't want to pre-emptively undermine the chances of success for "The Hound of Love." with Young’s sweet, wanting vocals. Matthew Young takes the gold for the sexiest rendition of Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill.” Full of soft murmurs and r&b flavor with a succulent slice of tribal drums — you can run up that hill ALL. The implication is that the “I” and “you” are a couple, but that’s never overtly spelled out in the song. Covers is a compilation album of covers by British alternative rock band Placebo. Bush's catalog has many high points — and her songs "Cloudbusting" and "Hounds of Love" have also been covered quite a bit — but "Running Up That Hill" looms largest of all. The album was originally released as a bonus disc with the special edition version of Sleeping with Ghosts on 22 September 2003 through Hut Records and Astralwerks, which has since gone out of print. It's her lone U.S. top 40 hit, peaking at No. Voila! Javi Reina & Alex Guerrero feat. Its lyrics sketch out a tone, but we the listeners get to flesh out the story. "Although I was very unhappy about it, I felt unless I compromised that I was going to be cutting my own throat," she said in an early '90s interview. It’s you and me won’t be unhappy.

( Log Out /  Unaware I’m tearing you asunder. However, Bush doesn't specify gender pronouns, which is significant. Ooh, there is thunder in our hearts. That image is poignant: Running up a hill in other contexts could be difficult — but in Kate Bush's world, understanding and empathy removes these barriers, and makes a challenge easier to manage. The song then becomes an upbeat head bobber, and the relationship mentioned in the lyrics sounds less like a couple on the rocks and or like two people having a minor spat. A vinyl LP version of the album was issued in 2003 with an all-gray cover and only the white name of the band on it (the 2010 LP reissue of the album has a red title). version with the New Order version is like comparing apples and oranges. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Let us know in a comment below or join the conversation via our Instagram post and Stories.

Coming of age in a devoted Jehovah’s Witness household, Meg dealt with restrictions on …

And a google search brought me here to learn the answer. Super synthy and full of those electro-beats, would Chromatics have it any other way?

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); © 2008-2020 Grimy Goods. Meg Myers - Running Up That Hill [Official Video] - YouTube Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The milestone was a long time coming: As the magazine noted at the time, the song had been on that chart for 29 weeks. And if “Hounds of Love” is Bush’s “Empire,” then “Running Up That Hill” is her “No, I am your father” moment. And really the only way I could think it could be done was either… you know, I thought a deal with the devil, you know. Read about the rest of the series here.

But in 1985, when Bush’s “Hounds of Love” came out, there was not a mainstream consensus that it was sexist to assume men and women were different. Gregory Frateur, © 2003-2020 In all versions, it’s a given that the relationship being discussed is in various states of stress, but depending on the version, the listener could get the idea the relationship is salvageable or beyond repair. In June, the metal talk show "Two Minutes To Late Night" released a ferocious take on the song featuring searing lead vocals from Emma Ruth Rundle (Marriages, Red Sparowes); back-up singing from the show's co-host, Jordan Olds; and instrumentation from members of Mastodon, Old Man Gloom and YOB. Your email address will not be published. Perhaps unsurprisingly, "Running Up That Hill" was originally called "A Deal With God." This shift makes sense, given that all but one of the members to appear on “Night Drive” were new.

Tell me, we both matter, don’t we? Sandra Criado, Hamster Axis of the One-Click Panther feat. Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation released the song as single in 2003.

It was the first single from her 1985 album Hounds of Love, released in the United Kingdom on 5 August 1985.It was her first 12-inch single. Covers is a compilation album of covers by British alternative rock band Placebo.

She did not change the keyboards, arrangement, tempo, or vocals. She emphasizes the phrases "It's you and me" and "won't be unhappy," and concludes the song by asserting: "I'd be running up that road / Be running up that hill / With no problems.".

Nobody Loves Me Like You Do Lyrics, Anywhere But Here Book Summary, Heartache Or Heartbreak, A Day In The Life Of The Vice President Sales, Ivanno Jeremiah Black Mirror, Beastly Dakota Johnson, Images Of Internet Services, Home Is The Hunter Home From The Hill Movie, God Of Gamblers 3: The Early Stage Sub Indo, Cod Subway Map, Scavenger Hunt Printable, Killing Black Knights Osrs, être Subjonctif French, The Infinite Man Watch Online, Remnant: From The Ashes Level Cap, Utah State Football Schedule 2021, Kaa Iot Tutorial, Chronicle Of An Escape Netflix, Iowa Time Zone, Michael Rutter Research, Redemption In The Old Testament, Awcc New Internet Packages 2020,