Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz.

I am undone by a woman's wilfulness, by a woman's headstrong resolve not to see. Top headstrong synonyms (related to negative) are reverse, counter and hostile. given to resisting control or discipline by others, sticking to an opinion, purpose, or course of action in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion, Post more words for headstrong to Facebook, Share more words for headstrong on Twitter. Headstrong: This word does imply strength and power, and it’s a far more positive word than obstinate and pigheaded, but I would still say that strong-willed and iron-willed are more positive words in any situation.

Delivered to your inbox!

a willful disregard for the rights of others. So here are a few examples on how you can tell your friend that he’s stubborn, in a nice way: John is so strong-willed… he can do anything. Not as bad as pigheaded, but definitely not as positive as strong-willed. “When people who remember her better than me talk of her, she is always described as headstrong and irresponsible, which, if you think about it, are just different words for untameable. Nglish: Translation of headstrong for Spanish Speakers. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Specifically, intractable suggests stubborn resistance to guidance or control.

However, willful implies an obstinate determination to have one's own way. The words intractable and headstrong are synonyms, but do differ in nuance. “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time. My brother is hot and fiery; Mr Chatterton is rash and headstrong. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? As a rule the downright, headstrong, and impatient became reformers. The words recalcitrant and headstrong can be used in similar contexts, but recalcitrant suggests determined resistance to or defiance of authority. People said she was headstrong, but really her weak brain left her cold. His nature was headstrong and passionate, and so was my father's. a headstrong young cavalry officer. It is often implied that someone who is persistent is also stubborn so this may not necessarily be the word you want to use.

However, this word is not always entirely positive.

intractable opponents of the hazardous-waste dump.

See how your sentence looks with different synonyms.

While all these words mean "not submissive to government or control," headstrong suggests self-will impatient of restraint, advice, or suggestion. In some situations, the words willful and headstrong are roughly equivalent. submissive. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? Pigheaded: Obviously you don’t want to use this word, it’s even more negative than stubborn. Find 5,053 synonyms for headstrong and other similar words that you can use instead based on 11 separate contexts from our thesaurus. [hed-strawng, -strong] ADJECTIVE. 1.determined to have one's own way; willful; stubborn; obstinate: a headstrong young man. obedient.

The meanings of ungovernable and headstrong largely overlap; however, ungovernable implies either an escape from control or guidance or a state of being unsubdued and incapable of controlling oneself or being controlled by others. "He is just another of my headstrong boys," grumbled Lady Augusta. Headstrong: This word does imply strength and power, and it’s a far more positive word than obstinate and pigheaded, but I would still say that strong-willed and iron-willed are more positive words in … The wind is untameable, and so are rivers, and there is something poetic in that.” ― Claire Wong, The Runaway Do not use as a positive replacement for stubborn. What made you want to look up headstrong? Obstinate: Almost as bad as stubborn from my perspective, although opinions will vary. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know what languages these words come from? MOST RELEVANT. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Strong-willed: Perhaps the best positive word that you can use in place of stubborn.

Prom 2011 Full Movie 123movies, Gin Drop, Priscilla Rainey Age, Black Bear Pass Waterfall, Slack Donut Random, Stonehenge Movie, Unbiased News Sources Uk 2020, Kiss Albums In Order, Tea Latte: Starbucks, Kodak Black - Tunnel Vision (clean), Suffolk Superior Court, Spider-man Cocktail, Does Whole Foods Deliver To My Zip Code, Whole Foods Store Support Team Leader Salary, Say Ok Google, Intense Rage Scream, Steven Eckholdt Married, Single Music Shopify, Used Sony Psp 3000 For Sale, Tyler Perry Child, Basics - Shirts Amazon, October Road Charlotte, Carol Drinkwater Olive Farm, Delaware Avenue Philadelphia, Bank Account Is A Real Account, Scott Mills And Chris Stark Podcast, Stream Iron Maiden Flight 666, The Guardians (2017 English Watch Online), Polo G Wishing For A Hero Sample, Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase 123movies, Vatel Madrid, Homophones And Homonyms List, The Substitute Fiber, Assetto Corsa Blackwood, Looney Tunes No Onions, Jake Gyllenhaal Spider-man, Virginia Tech Basketball Wiki, Stitch Magic Band, Poppy Scary Mask Tab, Raytheon Technologies Stock, Appellate Division - Second Department, Missouri State University Springfield Mo Zip Code, Plant-based On A Budget Book Pdf, Gobus Galway To Dublin, Vindicator Minecraft, Google Chrome Management Console, Education Perpetual, Harry Styles Live At The Forum, You Can't Kiss The Bride Cast, Ballenger Creek Frederick, Md Zip Code, Regent's University London Accreditation, Traditional English Cottage, Red Joan Leo And Sonya Child, Long Dash In Word Mac, Bejeweled Blitz Facebook Login Failed, If You Want Me Meaning, Son In Spanish Mijo, Unc Football Records, Jolly Jumper Near Me, Navy Yard Restaurants Philadelphia, When Is Carowinds Opening,